The Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics (DBP) team at Children’s Village consists of board certified developmental behavioral pediatricians and nurse practitioners who evaluate, counsel, and provide treatment for children, adolescents, and their families with a wide range of developmental and behavioral concerns. Our providers have specialized training in working with children and families, and recognize that children’s development and behavior happen within the context of their family and community. We have a strong emphasis on culturally sensitive, family-centered care. We aim to support each child’s optimal developmental and behavior with compassion and specialized services in partnership with their families, schools, and therapists. Services are provided to individuals from birth to young adulthood who live in Central Washington. Families are referred to DBP by their primary care provider or another professional provider.
DBP services include evaluation and management of a wide range of developmental and behavioral concerns, including:
- Delayed development in speech/language, motor, cognitive, adaptive, and social skills
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Intellectual disability and learning concerns
- Genetic syndromes
- Attention and behavioral disorders including attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), disruptive behavior, depression, and anxiety
- Regulatory disorders related to eating, feeding, sleeping, and voiding
If you have a concern about your child’s development, talk to your primary care provider about a referral or start by taking this simple online developmental screening. You can also call Children’s Village at 509-574-3200 or 800-745-1077.